The Recruiter/HR Specialist will work in NY and assist the leadership group to build a world class team for the company. The role will be two-fold, with primary focus on recruitment, but also on HR management and other activities.
You will manage talent acquisition and hiring needs across departments. You will work closely with the executive team to identify, qualify and secure top talent within the video content and digital media ecosystem. You will work with the executive team to set up and execute on the talent review process and to manage payroll and other HR functions.
You have strong sourcing and people skills, are able to attract and retain specialized candidates whose experience aligns with the qualifications for specific roles and skill sets within the company. You are adept at working in a fast paced, scrappy environment where appetite for learning and curiosity abound.
You will communicate quickly and effectively with prospective candidates and leaders internally to ensure a smooth recruitment and on-boarding process. You are passionate about the intersection of people and productivity, and are excited to help build a strong, culture based team. You will report to a member of the Executive team.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Executive team to identify hiring needs and implement plans across departments to fulfill talent openings and organizational shifts
- Develop job descriptions and role expectations for each opening and publish the information through company approved channels
- Actively and continuously source talent for current openings and expected openings as they develop internally
- Partner with executives on setting up and implementing the performance review process
- Manage payroll and other HR related responsibilities.
- Represent the company in an honest and transparent manner with candidates and hiring managers to ensure clear expectations and communication both externally and internally
- Develop and implement a seamless and favorable hiring and on-boarding process which addresses company efficiencies and provides a stellar candidate experience
- Work with the Executive team on training materials and procurement for new hires
- Avoid potential legal issues by demonstrating and applying the required knowledge and execution of Human Resource regulations across the US and European countries.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA or BS in a related field
- 1-2 Years of recruiting experience - preferably working for a modern, digital and socially oriented, publishing company
- Experience working in a start-up environment or similar space
- Knowledge of the digital space and/or video production, editing industries