The National Digital Account Executive will play a crucial role in selling and evangelizing the entire portfolio of our premium digital brands. You will be responsible for developing strategic client relationships, meeting and exceeding revenue expectations, and being an indispensable digital media steward. This will be accomplished by generating new business.
As a subject matter expert in our properties, audiences, and solutions, you will be responsible for selling custom branded digital sponsorship, solutions, and private market place (PMP) deals for our flagship digital media properties to agencies, trading desks, and national brands.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and successful track record of generating new business and managing senior level accounts with agencies, direct marketers, and/or trading desks. This role requires expertise and fluency in the digital advertising ecosystem including display/video/mobile advertising, programmatic buying, agency trading desks, supply and demand-side platforms, and the latest industry trends.
The National Digital Account Executive will be responsible for sourcing and closing multi-market custom branded sponsorship and programmatic sales opportunities to meet and exceed digital revenue goals.
- Generate and increase revenue of new accounts to meet quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Own, manage, and develop sales pipeline and key relationships with clients (agencies, trading desks, direct marketers) through daily communication
- Sell a combination of display, video, mobile, social, programmatic and custom sponsorship solutions
- Partner with specialist sales teams to identify and uncover new cross-sell opportunities and cross-product integration
- Track monthly and quarterly revenue projections
- Utilize strategic selling techniques to position us as a premium publisher partner
Qualifications & Skills
- 1-3 years quota carrying digital sales experience including:
- Expertise in consultative selling techniques
- Demonstrated success in digital sales and territory management
- Successful background growing accounts and prospecting for new opportunities
- Demonstrated experience working with medium to large agencies, trading desks, and/or brands
- 3+ years digital media/advertising experience
- Deep knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents.
- Knowledge of/experience with the following digital sales channels: direct/sponsorhip, open auction, private deals/PMPs
- Experience with needs assessment (client needs analysis)
- Strong solution selling background with a keen ability to proactively anticipate and provide solutions for customer needs.
- Travel required ~ 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer sciences or related field.