Job Description: Data Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
We're looking to hire a talented engineer to join a growing software development team. Ideal candidates will be diligent in problem solving, dedicated to the quality of their work, skilled in one or more required technologies, and overall versatile. Candidates should be comfortable working alone and in small teams. Candidates with an understanding of software design patterns and modern design philosophies are strongly preferred.
- Participate as lead member of our Engineering team, reporting to a Director of Engineering.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance and highly scalable data platform applications.
- Lead the development effort for our media and publisher product components. Specifically related to user targeting, user-segment, and audience creation.
- Be involved in the design and development of large-scale data analytics tools.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience, building and shipping large-scale Java applications.
- 3+ years of experience in data mining, information retrieval, large-scale statistical analysis, or related field.
- Proven track record of working on complex modular projects, and assuming a leading role in such projects.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design, and test scenarios.
- Experience with large scale data processing, data structure optimization, and scalability of algorithms a plus.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (Hadoop and M/R) a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with R, Mahout, or Python, a plus.
- Startup or ad-tech experience a plus.