We are seeking a Senior Manager of Email Marketing to oversee company email communications. This includes managing email communications, developing & implementing an email contact strategy to maximize customer experience & ROI, measuring then optimizing campaign & cohort performance and managing implementation of our email platform.
In addition, building channel expertise among team members, developing the vision for applying email marketing best practices to our business model and gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback from our preferred customers and consultants. This position will report to the Senior Director of Digital Experiences and work with Marketing, IT, Field Development and Customer Service teams to optimize, implement and report on communications. The manager will also be responsible for staying abreast of industry trends and bringing ideas for further growth to the team.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of cutting-edge email capabilities, skilled at analyzing email performance statistics, have proven experience in optimization of programs for improved ROI and will be able to look at the big picture while detailed oriented enough to oversee implementation. This is a high growth full-time position that offers a lot of opportunity for a resourceful, motivated individual.
- Define & deliver the vision for our email marketing program with inputs from key stakeholders across the company and independent consultants.
- Develop, manage and oversee implementation of the email contact plan that drives conversion, retention and engagement of our consultant and customer databases.
- Institute and manage lifecycle marketing programs, including setting up journeys and automated list segmentation.
- Perform end-to-end production of all global email marketing activities including, but not limited to: email campaign set-up, coding email, manage subscriber data based off segmentation requirements, quality assurance, and scheduling deployments.
- Own the maintenance and review of transactional emails, including, but not limited to: leading and managing content review for all global transactional emails, creating and leveraging HTML coded email templates, and working with cross-functional teams to manage edits and quality assurance.
- Manage deliveryablity status via bounce/block reports, resolving any issues.
- Execute email test plans to identify optimal messaging, design, cadence, etc. for our target audiences. Report on results & champion optimization.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Develop a testing framework and oversee implementation for our email communications to ensure continuous optimization & improvements to ROI.
- Lead cross-functional team to execute our communication calendar & analyze e-mail contact lists to ensure all email messages are going to the right people at the right time.
- Ensure accurate measurement and analytics, and provide performance reports to business owners.
- Partner with creative & business owners to ensure all e-mail communications are clear, concise, effective and on-brand.
- Proactively identify opportunities for email marketing enhancements that are consistent with marketing strategy and brand standards.
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in digital and email marketing with a minimum of 2 years management experience.
- Experience working within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, both from email set up to deployment.
- Strong experience managing an email marketing agency.
- Demonstrated experience in conceiving, implementing, optimizing and reporting on email marketing campaigns.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud migration, implementation & management experience.
- HTML design and coding experience specific to email marketing.
- Strong analytic skills with experience defining, measuring and experimenting with email marketing success metrics.
- Experience working with cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction.
- Project management experience, including managing complex projects, business relationships with internal clients, external vendors, solution providers and contractors.
- Results-driven, innovative thinker.
- Operate at hands-on detailed level in addition to strategic thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task and excel in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Signifcant CAN-SPAM compliance knowledge.
- Advanced excel skills to cross reference and validate email recipients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.