Job Description: Publisher Sales Director
Location: New York: This role can be home based or be in our NYC office.
- We are seeking a stellar Director of Publisher Sales to spearhead sales in New York and across the East region. A true consultative business partner, the Director will seize this great opportunity to lead business growth with publishers in this highly visible role. This detail-oriented individual will prioritize product/market fit for top publishers in the region, prospect new clients and craft/pitch proposals. In addition to demonstrated previous successes, the ideal candidate strong understanding of online advertising industry from both ad sales, ad technology, and media buying.
What You’ll Do:
- Sell our Visual Monetization Platform (VMP) to Publishers. Our VMP delivers superior results for publishers by enabling a sophisticated mix of display ads that are highly viewable, relevant, and calibrated to enhance the user experience.
- Prospect and close new business within a defined account target list and identify additional publishers to pursue.
- Build strong relationships with publishers, ad networks, and other customers to ensure long-term success.
- Share expertise and advise potential clients on how the VMP fits within their ad strategies, highlighting the custom configurations available to maximize user experience and/or yield.
- Support Account Management and Pub Ops as necessary in the implementation process, and thereafter to ensure any issues are resolved in an exceptional fashion.
- Participate in industry events and conferences
- Track and manage sales pipeline and account activities in salesforce.com
What you need
- Thorough understanding of online advertising industry from both ad sales, ad technology, and media buying
- Exceptional consultative selling expertise
- A strong network of publishers and Ad Networks, ideally within monetization roles at those publishers
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in a business development or sales role in online media or ad technology with a working knowledge of programmatic media and the publisher ecosystem.
- Intelligent, outgoing individual with strong interpersonal skills, collaborative abilities and work ethic
- Travel, as needed, to build publisher relationships and close business
- Active in industry trade and networking events
- Excellent business writing, training, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, while being open to direction and guidance
- Comprehensive experience with MS Office a must
- Good analytical skills in both understanding marketer objectives and analyzing campaign performance
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5-10 years’ experience in online